Knowing Me, Knowing You
…Connecting Cultures, Building Communities.
The Purpose of the Course
The UK is changing and is one of the most diverse places in the world. This means that your customers look different, think different and behave different. We recognise the importance of training and equipping your workforce to be able to effectively engage with a wide range of individuals, communities and customers. In order to do this, learning more and understanding about other people’s culture and beliefs, is imperative.
This training programme will develop cross-cultural awareness, improve relationships within your workforce and enhance communication with your customers.
Benefits for Your Organisation
This programme will help your staff develop the knowledge, expertise and skills to understand cultural differences and view the world from different perspectives.
Delivered as a half or full day session, our training can be custom designed to meet your requirements and organisational needs. The training programme combines theories, case studies, practical activities and fun! All delivered in a very creative and interactive style.
1. What is Culture?
2. Identifying your individual culture
3. Understanding values, beliefs, prejudices
4. Introduction to the Equality Act 2010
5. Tackling discrimination through raised cultural awareness
6. Hidalgo’s 3 levels of culture
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
1. Define what culture is
2. Identify their own culture and how it relates to others
3. Understand how our values, beliefs and prejudices relate to our individual culture
4. Identify how the protected characteristics within the Equality Act 2010 relate to cultural awareness
5. Identify and understand Hidalgo’s 3 levels of culture