The Purpose of the Course
This equality and diversity training course will look at the issues around stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination. Identify the basic rights that all people should enjoy, the shared values people have, and examine the responsibility that each person and organisation has in ensuring that barriers to participation in society are removed.
Benefits for Your Organisation
The course will ensure that all staff are aware of the issues surrounding equality and diversity and be able to demonstrate this awareness through their actions in the workplace. This will have a ‘knock on effect’ in demonstrating to your customers your commitment to these issues. You will see tangible results from equality diversity training.
1. Diversity in the UK
2. The benefits of diversity
3. Stereotypes and prejudice
6. The Equality Act 2010 and how it can be applied
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
1. Understand the benefits of diversity
2. Understand the source of stereotypes and prejudices
3. Understand what is meant by discrimination
4. Identify negative and discriminatory behaviour
5. Define what we mean by equality
6. Understand the Equality Act 2010