The Purpose Of The Course
This course builds on previous learning and will examine attitudes and how they can cause discrimination and inequality. Participants will identify the source of their own attitudes and use this to reflect on ways they could work to challenge discriminatory practice in turn leading to greater equality. The equality and diversity course will also raise awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and through practical examples and discussion will demonstrate the practical applications of it in a work setting.
Benefits For Your Organisation
The equality and diversity course will ensure that all staff are aware
of the issues surrounding equality and discrimination and be able to demonstrate this awareness through their actions in the workplace. This will have a ‘knock on effect’ in demonstrating to your customers your commitment to these issues.
- How attitudes and opinions are influenced
- Strategies which can be used to challenge our attitudes and prejudices
- Defining discrimination
- Identifying negative and discriminatory behaviour
- Why equality? Why is it important?
- The Equality Act 2010 and how it can be applied in different cases
By The End Of The Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Understand how attitudes and opinions are influenced
- Develop strategies which can be used to challenge attitudes and prejudices
- Define discrimination
- Identify negative and discriminatory behaviour
- Understand equality and its’ importance
- Understand the application of the Equality Act 2010