The Purpose Of The Course
This equality, diversity and inclusion training course will examine issues of inequality and how we can create an inclusive environment to achieve equal opportunities. You will be given the tools to identify any biases you may have and gain an insight into how your values and culture can impact on how you view and treat others.
Benefits For Your Organisation
The course will ensure that all staff are aware of the issues surrounding equality, diversity and inclusion and be able to demonstrate this awareness through their actions in the workplace. This will have a ‘knock on effect’ in demonstrating to your customers and clients your commitment to these issues. This will result in tangible benefits for the workplace.
- What is Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Equality Act Quiz – Test your knowledge
- Practical application of the Equality Act through the medium of case studies and scenarios Diversity in the UK
- Do we have biases? Where do they come from?
- Practical tips to challenge our biases
- How are our values formed?
- The impact of culture on our values and how we treat others
- Devise an action plan for your own personal development
By The End Of The Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Define Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Develop an understanding of the practical application of the Equality Act 2010
- Identify negative and discriminatory practice
- Devise methods of applying anti-discriminatory practice
- Understand the prevalence of ‘protected characteristics’ and ethnicity
- Recognise where our values, beliefs and prejudices come from
- Identify the importance of yourself within a cultural context, how you identify others and how you would like others to identify you
- Devise a personal development action plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion