The Purpose Of The Course
This highly interactive and practical training programme enables individuals to gain a clearer insight into how the Equality Impact Assessment process relates to the Equality Act 2010. Participants will understand the key role that Equality Impact Assessments play in ensuring fairness and parity in their organisation. Participants will go away with the knowledge so that they feel confident in conducting an inclusive Equality Impact assessment.
Benefits For Your Organisation
The course will ensure that you are aware of how to conduct an effective Equality Impact Assessment. This in turn will help staff to sign up to it and take ownership for them thus preventing your organisation from potentially damaging claims.
- The Legal Context of Equality Impact Assessments (EIA)
- Review of the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty
- What are Equality Impact Assessments?
- Who should be involved? What advice to seek? How long should they be?
- What are the likely key outcomes from an EIA
- Screening for relevance – case studies
- 8-point guide to producing an EIA
- Conducting a full EIA
- Checking the impact in reality
- Mainstreaming the EIA process
- Devise an action plan for your own personal development
By The End Of The Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Define the relationship between the Equality Act and Equality Impact Assessments
- Understand the key role that Equality Impact Assessments have
- Understand the process for conducting an effective Equality Impact Assessment
- Explain the issues to consider when conducting an assessment
- Identify the key elements in monitoring the process
- Understand how to encourage effective usage of assessments