The Purpose Of The Course
This course is suitable for newly qualified staff and newly appointed staff at an early level of expertise working in this field. Staff who have contact with children and/or their families and will work directly with them.
Child protection and safeguarding is a vital and potentially lifesaving duty of anyone who works with children. In taking our courses, you can ensure that you understand your responsibilities for any children under your care, and feel confident in carrying out the appropriate actions should you have any concerns.
Benefits For Your Organisation
This course will ensure that staff are aware of the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children. It will promote the importance of good practice and inter-agency working. Helping all participants to become aware of how this can make a difference in safeguarding children and young people.
- What is safeguarding in respect of children and young people?
- Safeguarding boards and inter- agency working
- Categories of abuse
- Signs and symptoms of abuse
- Roles and responsibilities
- The Common assessment framework
- Good practice – Ways of obtaining support and guidance
By The End Of The Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Identify the national and local context to safeguarding children and the relationship to safeguarding Children’s board
- Describe what constitutes child abuse
- State roles and responsibilities if worried about a child
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of other workers
- List ways to promote the safety of children
- Know where to receive support and guidance that will help promote good practice
- Describe how the Common Assessment Framework can be used to support children and their families