Lunch and Learn Sessions
Our online learning sessions have been designed for managers and staff of criminal justice agencies in Wiltshire and Swindon.
Choose a topic and book your next webinar
This lunch and learn session will explain why micro-aggression awareness matters. As micro-aggression is an implicit bias, we will delve into and understand how micro-aggression affects underrepresented groups in your workplace. In addition, how it impacts staff well-being, safety, and ability to succeed, feel valued at work, and embrace real inclusion.
- What is a micro-aggression?
- Specific examples related to the ‘protected characteristics’ of the Equality Act
- What effect can this have on the person experiencing it?
- What would you think if you witnessed it?
- What impact could this have on your organisation?
This lunch and learn session will set the topic in context and explain why talking about race and racism matters. We will look at the context of race and racism in the UK. Look at current and historical significance. In addition there will be opportunities to reflect on past practice and examine examples of good practice.
- Context about race and racism in the UK
- Why should we be talking about race?
- Current and historical issues
- Risks in the workplace
- Following the data
- Examples of good practice
The lunch and learn session will focus on taking a practical approach to everything EDI. By examining equality legislation we will look at how this can be applied in practice. Our practical tips will give a useful insight into what can and should be done in the workplace to promote greater equality an inclusion.
- What do we mean by EDI?
- Through the use of case studies and a fun quiz, we will take you through the law which governs equal opportunities
- Learn practical tips for an inclusive workplace
- Refresh your knowledge of the Equality Act and Protected Characteristics
- Understand how fairness, respect and inclusion creates an effective workplace
This practical session will help you identify what can affect our judgement in our dealings with other people. We will look at the experiences which can influence our decision making. Through thought provoking activities we will help you to understand some of your biases and give you some tips on how to overcome these or limit the impact on your decision making.
- What is bias
- What are the different types of bias?
- Understand how we make decisions and what can influence us
- Identify where our biases come from
- Practical tips to challenge bias
Perhaps you keep hearing this term and aren’t quite sure what it means. Perhaps you, or someone you know is neurodivergent and wish to learn more about the impact this has on someone within the work place.
This lunch and learn session will explore the broad range of neurodiversity, including common traits, as well as practical help and advice for working with your clients and within your workplace.
- What is neurodiversity?
- Neurodiversity in the population
- Neurodiversity in women
- The ADHD iceberg
- What is ‘Masking’?
- Neurodiversity in the workplace
This bite-sized session will introduce you to the important workplace subject of the menopause. With it affecting nearly 50% of the population, it is crucial that we understand the impact it has for the people who experience it. This in turn will help all employees know how to support a colleague who is experiencing menopause symptoms.
- What is the menopause?
- Busting menopause myths
- What are menopause symptoms?
- What is HRT and how does it work?
- How can menopause impact work and home life?
- How can you support individuals with menopause symptoms
One of the biggest barriers to having discussions around LGBTQ+ identities is the fear of “getting it wrong”. Whether this is due a lack of available information or accidentally saying the wrong thing, many people shy away from the conversation because they do not feel that there is a ‘safe space’ to make a mistake. Perhaps you’ve heard of terms like “non binary” and don’t know what this means and don’t want to be seen as out of touch by asking.
This lunch and learn session will be an open place to begin and develop discussions around LGBT+ language & terminology with the overall aim of de-busting myths and increasing confidence. The session is aimed at all levels and at people who may be having LGBTQ+ conversations for the first time.
- What is sexual orientation?
- What do terms mean?
- Gender identity
- What is Trans?
- Trans relevant terminology
- LGBTQ+ terminology
- Issues facing LGBTQ+ people