The Purpose Of The Course
Communication, at the level of linguistic diversity, when working directly with people is of utmost importance. This course aims to examine how we communicate and provide delegates with the tools to feel more able to devise strategies and resources to aid better communication. This course is for people working directly with people who have difficulties communicating for a range of reasons, including learning disability and dementia.
Benefits For Your Organisation
The delegate will be given tools to recognise what communication issues can arise and the reasons for them. They are then able to develop solutions to solve the issues around linguistic diversity. This in turn ensures that the workforce feels more confident and able to support service users with communication difficulties as a result of being better able to meet their needs.
- What is communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Effective listening
- Resources to aid communication
- Planning for change
By The End Of The Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Understand what is meant by communication
- Identify barriers to communication
- Explain effective communication
- Identify resources to aid communication