The Purpose Of The Course
This highly interactive and practical training programme allows individuals to explore their biases and how their culture can impact on how they relate to others. Participants are encouraged in a safe environment to both understand the principle of unconscious bias and be able to devise an action plan to challenge their own biases.
Benefits For Your Organisation
The course will ensure that all staff are aware of the concept of unconscious bias and be able to implement actions for themselves. This in turn leads to demonstrating to your staff and clients your commitment to minimising inequality.
- What is unconscious bias?
- The 9 types of unconscious bias
- Which areas of work does unconscious bias affect?
- Do we have bias? Where does it come from?
- Practical tips to challenge and control our bias
- Why do we need to eliminate bias? – The cost of doing nothing
- How are our values formed?
- The impact of culture on our values and how we treat others
- Devise an action plan for your own personal development
By The End Of The Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Define unconscious bias
- Distinguish between different types of bias
- Identify areas of work where bias can cause issues
- Define our own and other sources of bias
- Devise strategies for managing our bias
- Understand how our values are formed
- Identify the importance of cultural and its’ impact on bias
- Devise a personal development action plan to challenge your own bias