Improve your everyday number skills
Would you like to improve your numeracy skills? Multiply is a new fully funded programme to help adults improve their number skills.
Who is it for?
Answer YES to any of the questions below and you could benefit from FREE online numeracy course.
- Finding it difficult to manage money?
- Are you struggling to help your kids with Maths Homework?
- Are you struggling with understanding your bills?
- Lacking confidence with numbers at work?
If you are aged 19 and over and don’t have maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent), you can access free numeracy courses through Multiply to build your confidence with numbers and gain a qualification.
What are the benefits?
Our online sessions are designed to be flexible, making it convenient for you to find a time that works best for you. During this course you’ll gain valuable skills that can be applied to your everyday life.
Good numeracy skills may unlock job opportunities and lead to higher wages or prepare you for further study. They also help in everyday life and improving numeracy could help with:
- Understanding bills
- Money management
- Helping children with their homework
- Baking and meal planning
- Building your confidence and self-esteem
- Getting a new job or promotion
“Good numeracy isn’t about being a maths whiz or having the ability to do complex mental arithmetic, it’s about having the knowledge and confidence to apply numbers-based solutions to everyday tasks such as shopping, budgeting, planning a trip or even following a recipe.”
Rachel Riley, mathematician and TV presenter
Check your numeracy level
This short quiz will help you understand where you might want to brush up on your numbers (you will be re-directed to an external website).
There are 6 multiple-choice numeracy questions, it will take around 5 minutes to complete and you may use a calculator if you wish. The quiz will also help explain how to get to the correct answer.
If you know someone who would benefit from improving their numeracy skills, why not let them know about the Multiply programme
To enroll in our free Multiply course, you simply need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have access to a laptop/Tablet or PC to access the course
- You need to be 19 or older as of 31st August 2022
- You must be a resident in West Northamptonshire area.